- WIA targets aspiring, high potential young women with demonstrated leadership ability. We are looking for women who have the desire and ability to rise to high-influence positions.
- Applicant must demonstrate career progression and/or aspirations to change career trajectory.
- WIA seeks women with diverse personal backgrounds and professional experiences from a variety of industries.
- Applicants must have between 10 and 15 years of post-graduation (from college) experience in the workforce.
- Applicant must commit to a New York City-based program
- Applicant must make every effort to attend all Ment-Mixes and Cluster meetings. Ment-Mix dates are published well in advance.
- Applicant must fully understand and be willing to "Pay-It-Forward" during her time with WIA and afterward as an alumna should she choose to stay on.
Our application process for Class of 2022 Mentees is officially open!
Steps to complete the application process:
Please click Apply Now button to access our new online application and submit by November 30, 2021 to be considered.
1. Please type out your answers to the questions in the online application
2. Include your most current resume
3. Include at least one professional letter of recommendation
4. Submit all materials together with the online application by November 30, 2021
5. Please note, should you be accepted, dues are $1250 for the 18-month program, due upon acceptance (We suggest participants ask their companies to financially sponsor their membership or at a minimum contribute financially to their participation.)
6. If you are accepted into the program, WIA expects your participation in all sessions including pre and post-session work
- Highly successful executive businesswomen, with 20+ years of professional experience, who are from various industries and backgrounds and have the desire to help young women achieve success. In essence, Mentors should possess the “pay-it-forward” spirit and aspire to see more women in c-suites, board rooms and positions of high-influence.
- Women with expertise and specific skillsets that can lead/give presentations or sit on panels at WIA events.
- Women who have the capacity to not only host Clusters and lead productive conversations with young professionals, but who also will make themselves accessible to mentees who may enlist them for advice or guidance.
- Women who have the ability, via their company or personally, to support WIA in a financial means so we may continue to provide young promising women with the crucial tools they need to shatter the glass ceiling.
Interested in a sponsorship opportunity?
Please fill out the below form and indicate “Sponsor”. Our Executive Director will contact you shortly.